Yesterday, Juan wrote a post on why you should boo Cesc Fabregas. Today, I'd like to take issue with that post and explain why you should absolutely, definitely boo Cesc Fabregas.
1. He's an extremely good player. Probably one of the five best central midfielders in the world. People who aren't Arsenal fans never really understood this completely. The subject of Fabregas would come up with fans of other teams, and I would repeatedly insist: "no, he is a truly special world-class player," and then they'd say "hmm sure alright" and then add something nonsensical about Lampard or, even worse, Michael Carrick, and I'd shake my head and say: "no, you don't understand," and then we'd get frustrated with each other. (And I mean no disrespect to Lampard, who was brilliant and still is sometimes brilliant, especially when he scores against Chelsea because that ish is hilarious.)
2. He wears a blue shirt when he plays home games.
3. He does not wear a red and white shirt when he plays home games.
4. He intentionally passes the ball to this old man who was recently spotted on a bus, and the old man then uses his devil magic skills to magic the ball into the other team's goal. (Sometimes the other team is wearing red and white.)
5. He was so good and he was the captain and then he said he wanted to go home and he said that it was all he ever wanted and he had Barca DNA and Pepe Reina put that shirt on him and then he went home and OK that's fine it's just like Henry but then three years later he is not at home but instead playing for a terrible man who is completely without honor and class and who would definitely, definitely lose to Arsene Wenger in a fistfight and he is being paid with money that is dripping with the sweat and blood of the Russian people who were swindled and I hate him and I love him and I hate him