Something Great

Arsene Wenger cobbled together starting lineups with spit and duct tape and Denilson and somehow the team dragged its ass over the finish line in third or fourth.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

On the Record

It's finally here. If you're like me you've been watching the Espn countdown clock for the past 17 days. You also would have noticed that the Espn banner clock counted down to midnight last night while the EuroSoccernet page had the correct countdown. I was kind of confused for 11 hours.

Anyway, allow me to go on record with what will surely not take place:

Group A
Portugal (winner)
Switzerland (advance)

Group B
Germany (winner)
Croatia (advance)

Group C
Italy (winner)
Netherlands (advance)

Group D (My pick for the not so obvious group of death)
Greece (winner)
Spain (advance)

Quarters
Portugal (over Croats)
Germany (over SwissMiss)
Italy (over Red Fury)
Greece (over VanPersie's exploding quad)

Semis
Portugal (over Ze Germans)
Italy (over Octopus Ceviche)

Winner
See photo



Surprise picks to advance
Romania, Turkey

Surprise pick to win it all
Spain (yes this counts as a surprise)


Enjoy the games - I know I will

No comments: